If you want to clean a bong which is an excellent way to get high, you need to know how to clean bongs? A dirty bong can damage your health. Here we are going to break down all the ways to do that, and more importantly, it keeps your bong clean as well as your lungs.
When you smoke cannabis out of a bong, a resin from the cannabis will slowly build up over time, leading to a sticky residue on the bottom of the bong. If it gets too build-up, It can mitigate the taste of cannabis and make the bong useless.
Having a bong has a lot of benefits over other smoking methods. They are unique and come in all shapes and forms, from straight tubes to blubbers in different kinds of metals. The primary feature of bongs is the ability to filter the smoke and keep it warm, but they get dirty while using and begin to produce germs that may be harmful to your health.
So it is essential to clean your bong to prevent bacteria in the right way. There are many ways to clean a bong with alcohol or without.
Clean a Bong With Alcohol
Alcohol is a prevalent and accurate method to clean almost anything you use in smoking cannabis with the help of isopropyl, a perfectly safe household solvent. To clean a bong, first of all,
- Disassemble your pipe, rinse with hot water, and add 91% or 99% isopropyl alcohol and coarse salt. It provides you with the scrubbing effects and dissolves sticky dirt in a short time.
- Put small parts in a bowl with alcohol and soak for thirty minutes, then rinse with water and soap.
Clean A Bong With Vinegar
Vinegar is not as strong as alcohol, but it will do the job when you don’t have alcohol. It takes a significant amount of cleaning to do it, and it can get messy so that you will do the job in a kitchen sink or a deep pot.
- Add salt and ½ vinegar into the bottom of your sink and place the bong.
- Shake your bong to break off all the resin and repeat until it is clear.
- Empty the bong and now squeeze a whole lemon with hot water inside and begin swirling this around, then use a brushed pipe to clean and rinse off the bong with hot water.
Clean A Bong With Boiling Water
This method is riskier as boiling water may shatter the glass of the bong, but there is a particular method with the least amount of risk and instructions.
- Place your bang into a stockpot and cover it with cold water.
- Please turn on the burner and set it to medium to low flame, as the thermal shock doesn’t crack the glass.
- Bring the water up to a simmering boil and let it stay that way for 25-35 minutes.
- After finishing the time, don’t rise it with cold water.
- Please wait until it is cooled completely, then rinse off with hot tap water.
Clean A Bong With An Oven
You can even clean your bong with an oven, only if it is made of pure glass, as anything else will be irreparably damaged.
- Remove the down stem, bowl, and ash catcher before cleaning the bong in the oven. Then place them, including the bong, on the metal plate inside the oven at room temperature.
- Close the oven and turn on the self-cleaning cycle. The stubborn resin will be baked to the ash and easily rinsed off later.
- When the cycle is over, leave your bong until it is cooled. Rinse it with hot water instead of cold water.
There are many other ways to clean your bongs, such as dishwasher pods, acetone, denture tablets, lemon juice, and baking soda. It is best to clean your bong as often as possible; it’s essential for your health and enjoyment.