2 Easy Ways How to Delete a Reddit Account?
Learning how to delete a Reddit account is essential for you because, in some cases, you may no longer be interested in using it. But, you don’t know the method of deleting your account quickly. You don’t even realize that deleting old accounts can protect your personal information and data.
Reddit is one of the most popular online discussion websites, ranking in the top ten in America and the top twenty worldwide. It has a massive collection of forums or communities called ‘subreddits’. Here users can share ideas, information, news, and content and rank other people’s contributions.
While the platform has up to 430 million active users, many no longer need their Reddit accounts and want to deactivate them. Deactivation is the second name for deletion in the case of Reddit, which means it is permanently gone, and you can’t get it back. However, you can create a new account. If you used an internet web browser to deactivate your account the Reddit app cannot delete it.
Remember that if you do not delete your posts and comments individually, they will still be visible after deleting the account, so you need to delete comments using the following method.
Deleting Posts and Comments
You may follow some steps to delete your posts and comments before deleting Reddit.
1. First of all, login to your Reddit account and click on posts and comments at the top of the page.
2. A four-option box will appear below your post; there is a ‘Delete’ option at the end of the box.
3. Click on it to delete your post or comment; you have done.
Deleting Reddit Account
Once you delete your posts and comments, you can now delete your account permanently through the Reddit website. Use the following methods:
1. First, go to the Reddit website using a web browser and log into your account.
2. Click on your profile photo in the right corner of the screen and select ‘User Settings.
3. Click on the User Settings and scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the ‘Deactivate Account’ option and click it.
4. Reddit will ask why deleting, enter why it is optional, re-enter your user account and other login details, and the deactivation button will become actionable, click on it to proceed.
5. There will be again a question if you want to deactivate; confirm your deactivation by clicking the ‘deactivation Account’, you have.
You can also delete your account using old.reddit.com using a web browser; log in to your account and go to the preference; delete your account permanently using the above method.
Deleting Reddit Account On Mobile Phone
If you have installed the Reddit app on your android phone and have saved the password, you can delete your account on your Android smartphone or iPhone by following the method.
Following are some tips:
1. First, open the Reddit app on your phone and click a profile icon, then go to the settings and scroll down to find the help and FAQs button; click on it.
2. A web page will open up; enter the term deactivate the account to search in the search bar.
3. You need to select how to deactivate my account from the results?’ Tap on it.
4. There will be a link to a new page; open it, enter your id and password, and give your feedback if it’s optional.
5. Now tap on the deactivate button, and you have done.
Your Reddit account is beneficial to share information and data, but using it may be time-consuming. Moreover, some past intimacy cases have not gone well with users, so they are deactivating their accounts. You can quickly delete your account if you follow the above guide.