Recently, Snapchat has allowed its users to make dark mode on Snapchat app, but only iOS users can directly change it. Smartphones also have this feature, but the setting is missing from the Android app. Many smartphone users are looking for how to turn on dark mode on Snapchat. If you want to know, there is a complete guide for you.
Snapchat was one of the last apps to execute a dark mode on its app, which is currently available on iOS. Although the dark way is not accessible to all on Snapchat, some lucky iPhone users can switch on the dark theme.
Dark mode changes the app’s color scheme, produces a darker background, and protects your eyes from the harshness of the bright white light at night. You can use your device late at night without straining your eyes or disturbing your sleep.
Unfortunately, all the apps do not allow this feature; even the most popular apps have yet not added this beneficial feature. As for Snapchat, it still doesn’t allow this feature for all devices. If you want to avail of this service on your Android phone, there are some steps that you can follow.
Enabling Dark Mode on Snapchat on iOS
Snapchat released this feature on iOS in May 2021 to improve its user experience. You can access this feature through the app settings. Here is how to turn on dark mode on iOS.
- Click on “Bitmoji” in the top left corner of your screen to open your profile.
- From the profile page, select “Gear Icon” in the top right corner to open system settings.
- Under “My Account” settings, select “App Appearance” and it will offer three options.
- Here select “Always Dark” to launch this feature on your device.
Enabling Dark Mode on Snapchat on Android
Although Snapchat has not launched a dark mode for Android, you can still run it on your phone. There is an alternative solution to enable it on your smartphone. The process involves switching on developer mode to force this feature on Snapchat. Here is how to get dark mode on your smartphone.
- Swipe down on your phone to view the Notification Bar and select the “Gear Icon” at the top right.
- Next, select display and enable “Dark Mode”.
- Go back to the settings, scroll down, and click “About Phone”.
- Now, select “Software Information”, locate “Build Number”, and tap on it six times. After three clicks, you will receive an “almost there” notification from developer mode.
- You have to enter the password here to enable the developer mode. Go back to the settings, select “Developer Option”, and scroll down to choose “Force Darke Mode”. You have turned on your dark mode.
Enabling Dark Mode on Snapchat on iPhone
There is a trick to turning on this feature on your iPhone automatically. iOS allows you to switch on and off dark themes in the OS according to the time frame. All you have to do is select Match System in the Snapchat appearance menu and follow the below procedure.
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Next, select the “Display & Brightness” menu.
- Choose “Options” from the display menu and enable the automatic toggle.
- Select the morning and night time you want to use the iOS light theme or dark them accordingly.
- Snapchat will change its appearance to light or dark automatically.
Benefits of Dark Mode on Snapchat
Dark themes are necessary for all the apps to work at night. Although not everyone uses it, there are some fascinating reasons to use it.
While the dark theme adds to the attractiveness of the app, it lowers the amount of light coming from the screen and decreases battery consumption.
The second reason for using dark mode is that it is more friendly than the normal mode, reduces the interaction coming from white light, and gives a good time on the app.
Besides, there is a Blue Light filter application available in the play store that allows you to change the harsh light released from the screen of your phone and acts as a film over the display.
Peoples Also Search
Dark mode on Snapchat
how to get dark mode on Snapchat
dark mode Snapchat android
why don’t I have a dark mode on Snapchat
Snapchat dark mode android 10
IOS Snapchat dark mode
Snapchat dark mode android 9
how to get dark mode on Snapchat 2021 (android)