Riding horses is the best way to get around the map but riding a four-legged animal in Minecraft is not a simple task compared to other video games. You will learn how to tame a horse and ride a horse with step-by-step instructions.
The main advantage of riding a horse is increasing speed, which makes huge traveling distances much easier. The game editors added the horses in Minecraft with the extensive version 1.6 update. Each horse in Minecraft has one of five different marking patterns & seven primary colors that result in 35% of designs.
Minecraft horses can climb hills, jump barriers, and swim in open waters. Once you tame the horse, you will be able to put a saddle on it and ride the horse. It would be best to keep an eye on the horse’s health when riding, as you may stumble across some scavenging Minecraft shadows.
How to tame a horse
Horses are dutiful but a little timid animals in Minecraft, so it does not require a lot while taming. To tame a horse, you first need to locate him in the world of Minecraft.
- The first step is to find the horse for taming, and horses are usually found in plains and savanna biomes; both are extremely common. You can summon a horse using a spawn egg if you face difficulty locating him.
- Secondly, choose an empty place from your Hot Bar. The horse will buck off you, then you can tame it by repeatedly trying to mount the horse and being thrown off.
- The third step is to prepare the saddle and place it on the horse after taming it. It will stop kicking you off. Then right-click on the horse and hold the saddle in your hand. Now you will be able to put a saddle on it.
- If you have tamed and placed a saddle on the horse, you need to mount it. You can mount it by right-clicking on the horse; to move it, you should use the same controls that you used to move it.
- You will dismount the horse using your sneak key. It is usually the left shift on the Java edition of Minecraft. The mount control system in the game depends on the version of Minecraft.
How to tame a skeleton horse
You can also tame a friendly skeleton horse if you kill the skeleton wearing an iron helmet. They are one of the rarest mobs you can tame in mysterious circumstances like thunderstorms. You can tame the skeleton horse by following the steps.
- The first step is to find a skeleton horse. You can find him when the light hits him and split him into multiple skeletal horses with mounted skeletons. They will be found in biomes during thunderstorms; you can’t find them using spawn eggs.
- In the next step, you will kill the skeleton horse after it splits into four or five skeleton horses with riders. If you kill the riders, you can tame the skeleton horse.
- The final step is to equip the saddle. You can do it without a taming process; as soon as you kill the horse riders. You will move the remaining skeleton horse and equip a saddle that will allow you to mount the horse.
Horses in their current state are highly unique and specific mobs in Minecraft as you can ride them after taming. Allowing you to reach a maximum speed of 14.23 seconds, much faster than regular running.
It would help if you remembered to have a saddle in your inventory before taming a horse. Otherwise, you will not be able to use it after taming it.
People also search
how to tame horse Minecraft
Tame a horse in real life
how to tame a horse in lokicraft
Tame a horse in Minecraft java
how to ride a horse in Minecraft
how to saddle a horse in Minecraft