You won’t need to turn off the Apple Watch or on in your daily routine, but if you leave it aside for a couple of days, you need first to turn it off because turning off the Apple Watch can preserve your battery. So if you don’t know how to turn off your watch, there is a good guide for you in this article.
Turning off the Apple Watch is not a difficult task, but most people are unaware because it’s rarely done. If your apple watch is unresponsive or suddenly slows down, turning it off can fix any problem.
When you turn off your Apple Watch, there is no option to restart it; there is also a procedure to renew it. Remember that you need to charge the new Apple Watch before powering on it for the first time.
Table of Contents
When To Turn Off The Apple Watch
Being an Apple Watch user, you must know how to disable it; sometimes, you should know where you would need to turn it off. There are several reasons to turn off your watch; some people leave theirs on 24/7.
The leading cause that would need to turn off your watch is frozen or malfunctioning because the first step to addressing technical errors of all the devices is generally to do a restart. You can also turn it off to delay the display of notifications and to save the battery.
You can also take advantage of other features such as enabling Do Not Disturb Mode and Airplane or Flight Mode to stop getting message notifications. If you are worried that your watch will die before you charge it, you can use Power Reserve Mode to decrease energy usage, which will save your battery power.
Turning off Apple Watch
You can turn off your Apple Watch using the side button like the iPhone; there is another process to turn off your watch.
- First, press and hold the Side Button for a few moments until three slider options (power off, medical ID, and emergency SOS) appear.
- To turn off your watch, slide the “Power off” button to the right side, and your watch is turned off.
- When you want to turn the device back on, hold down the side button until the Apple logo appears.
Keep in mind that your Apple Watch can’t turn off when it’s charging, so take it off first.
If you can’t turn off your watch from the above method or the problem continues, you should force your Apple Watch to restart by the following procedure.
- Press and hold both the side button on the edge simultaneously and Digital Crown for 10 seconds.
- Now release both buttons as soon as you start seeing the Apple logo appear on the screen(about 10 seconds).
Waking Apple Watch Display
After turning on your Apple Watch, you will need to wake its display to check the time, notifications, and other programs; here are a few ways to awaken your watch.
- If you are checking a standard watch, raise your wrist, the sensor of the watch will pick up the movement and wake the display screen.
- Now tap on the watch screen, turn the Digital Crown upward, and watch the display screen glowing gradually.
- This feature is available on Apple Watch Series 2 and later models.
Overall, turning off your Apple Watch is very useful for fixing technical problems with your device and stopping notifications. Apart from that, you may enable other modes on your watch. You can use the power reserve mode; if you are running low on battery, it will save your battery power.
how to turn off the apple watch
how to turn off the apple watch 3
how to turn off the apple watch series 6
can’t turn off the apple watch
how to turn off the apple watch 5